|Computing is taught using the Purple Mash Computing Scheme and additional coding materials. It teaches important skills such as:
- Using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher for one off projects, skills which can then be applied in other subjects
- Recording and editing sound and video
- Using a range of Paint tools to create a variety of Art Projects
- Learning about Coding
- Learning how to use the Internet efficiently
- Knowing how to keep safe using a range of technology (ongoing throughout the year)
Children are also given the opportunity to use the skills learnt in computing lessons and apply them in other lessons such as RE, Science and Topic. The school has a subscription for Purple Mash an interactive learning platform that enhances the curriculum and can be used to set homework tasks.
An overview of the computing units covered can be seen below.